Whether you’ve stumbled upon this blog or came here on purpose…welcome!
Originally this blog was started because I thought I would share my life story with my kids. Some sort of way I could write down things that happened in my life, why they don’t know members of their extended family, funny, sad or dysfunctional stories of my growing up, you know, stuff like that. I’d thought they might be interested.
I honestly don’t know if they read this or not. My children are grown. Any early attempt of discussions about the blog seemed to be awkward with them, so I dropped it.
Somewhere along the way, I realized it didn’t matter if they read it or not.
I continued to write. I write because I want to write.
I would like to tell you this blog will always be organized, structured and free of grammatical errors. Sorry, this will not be the case.
However, there are some things that I have learned over the years about myself:
1. If I didn’t just start this blog, the perfectionism tendency in me would never be satisfied, and thus prevent me from beginning it in the first place…
2. My thoughts go ALL over the place, are not organized, and well-planned…..I tend to get distracted by shiny things….squirrel, call it what you would like.
3. I’m trying to listen to the Holy Spirit as to which area of my life He wants me to focus on.
4. My life is and has been a roller coaster. My thoughts and emotions go that way too. Oh, wait that could also be menopause.
5. I have always LIKED roller coasters. They are fun, exciting and scary sometimes. I don’t particularly care for menopause portion of the ride though.
I may ride down one track and then whoosh I’ll be upside down and you’ll wander where my mind went with that.
Most often, I’m right there wondering with you. That’s just the way it goes sometimes.
Well, full disclosure, that could be the migraine medicines or the medicines that I take for my rheumatoid arthritis. Oh, yeah, that’s part of the ride too.
So if you can stand the roller coaster, you are welcome to ride along.