A while back I posted about the topic of Community. I wrote about the community of friends that we have met while feeding the homeless in Finlay Park. This community has touched our lives just as much as we have hoped to help them. It is a community that continues to exist, some members entering and exiting based upon what season they are in their lives, not shrinking though, ever growing. What a blessing to be a part of!
There is another community that continues to grow around me that I’ve been blessed with. That is my blogging community, one that continually surprises me by the depth of writing, the humor, splendid photography, encouragement, words of wisdom and just plain fun!
I am still trying to
find time have a regular schedule of posting at least twice a week. Somehow, either my journal pages don’t make it to the “publish” button or I’m off doing something else. Still trying. I can get distracted. (I blame it on the meds, or menopause, or both.)
Where was I going with this…..
Oh, now I remember…….
So, I was surprised the other day when Sue over at Letters to Rosa nominated me for the Sisterhood Award! What a treat!
However, it reminded me that I had neglected to properly thank and follow the “necessary protocol” for the Versatile Blogger award that Patrecia (a.k.a) Miss Whiplash awarded me. What a ninny I have been for being so lax!
Now, as I have mentioned before I can be “a little” OCD about things. When I can’t complete a “necessary checklist” to the “proper specifications” I can have the tendency
to procrastinate sort of let it go if not careful.
I like to think I am getting wiser as I get older, (at least that is what I tell anyone who will listen to me) – so I am not looking for the “necessary checklist” for the Versatile Blogger award and am just using the one for the Sisterhood Award, thus making the following changes:
Tell 7 things about yourself, nominate/recommend 7 bloggers.
Here are 7 bloggers to check out:
1. I’m nominating Miss Whiplash for the Sisterhood Award. Her blog title says it all “I’ve Been Thinking About“. I like that so much that it is hard not to “borrow” it as a post title on a regular basis! What a treat to read her posts! She was one of the first bloggers that I really started following, and I’ve never been disappointed.
2 & 3. I’m nominating Sue for the Versatile Blogger Award. I’ve just recently started following her blogs. She has two! Check them both out, particularly if you like tails from Vermont and stories from family history. You can find her at SueBahr.com and Letters to Rosa.
4. Want to travel to far off places? Have visual treats of color presented to you? Stop by A Word in Your Ear and see what the Skinnywench has to show you!
5. Need more? Visit Patrick Latter Photographer at Canadian Hiking Photography for more gorgeous shots.
6. A new blog I’ve started following is Being Fifty-Something. If Sheryl didn’t have me at the title, she sure had me hooked at her “Why?” page. But, I mean “Being Fifty-Something?”, is that not appropriate for me? (snort). I’m nominating her for the Versatile Blogger Award.
7. For some new bloggers on the scene I’m nominating Carmen and Grace for the Sisterhood Award. They blog about sweet things…cupcakes, cookies, cakes, and books! They are teaching the community that reading can be sweet. You can find them at Reading & Sweeting.
If you want to check out more blogs, you can always check out my page; Bloggers I Follow. I try to add to them as I add people that I follow. There is no order of preference, just generally the order I started following them.
Now, for the 7 things about myself, in case you were wondering about all that…..
1. I had Amish neighbors growing up. When I was a child there was a sweet Amish lady named Lydia that help my Mom and even went with us on some of our family trips to Maine.
2. My Great Grandmother taught me to play the piano when I was 5 on her upright piano. I still remember the last song she taught me before she died.
3. I have the piano stool from that upright piano. My butt sits on it almost everyday at my vanity table.
4. I almost drowned in our family pool pretending to be a mermaid.
5. My favorite flowers are tulips, followed closely by lily of the valley. Guess what my favorite Season is?
6. My Mother wanted to call me Wendy, but my Dad thought I could get the nickname “Windy” for talking too much. They chose Denise instead. My school report cards had “talks too much” on them. Apparently, the name selection didn’t effect the behavior.
7. I like your comments. I do, I really do. I really appreciate all of you stopping by and reading and commenting on my blog! Thanks for the encouragement! I’ll try to answer questions left in comments in future posts or reply to your comments. Thanks again!